VA Nebraska-Western Iowa Health Care System
Lincoln Application Information
- Academic transcripts
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of intent (address questions below)
- Why you want to complete your residency at the Lincoln VA?
- What are your areas of clinical interest?
- What are your short and long-term career goals?
- Describe how your APPE and work experience makes you qualified for this program.
- What are your strengths?
- Why are you good match for Lincoln VA?
- Three (3) completed residency applicant recommendation request forms (from PhORCAS)
- Please have references answer questions 1-4.
- All above information to be uploaded to PhORCAS (http://www.ashp.org/phorcas) and all applicants must register for the match program (https://natmatch.com/ashprmp/).
There is a minimum GPA requirement of 3.0.
Application deadline: January 10, 2018
Interview notification: January 28, 2018
Please review the following documents prior to an on-site interview:
- Pharm-104: Resident Service Committment
- Pharm-105: Resident Discipline Policy
- Pharm-106: Resident Leave Policy
- Sample Resident Schedule
Websites of Interest:
Lincoln VA website: http://www.nebraska.va.gov/locations/Lincoln_CBOC.asp
About VA website: http://www.va.gov/about_va/
Lincoln Convention and Visitor's Bureau*: http://www.lincoln.org/
Common Wealth Fund Article about Lincoln VAMC*:
Early results from the implementation of medical homes in Memphis and Lincoln suggest that building teams that work collaboratively to improve chronic care management and facilitate patient access can lead to an increased focus on patients’ needs and, with that, a new awareness of the challenges some patients face in establishing a consistent and continuous relationship with a primary care provider.
Read the full study at this link: http://www.commonwealthfund.org/~/media/Files/Publications/Case%20Study/2011/Sep/1537_Klein_veterans_hlt_admin_case%20study.pdf
*This link will take you outside the VA website. VA does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of the linked websites.