||10:00 AM- 2:00 PM (CST)
||Building 6, Grand Island VAMC, 2201 N. Broadwell Ave., Grand Island, Neb.
Free tax preparation services are available for Veterans and VA employees from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. March 3. No appointment necessary; assistance provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
Will prepare returns with limited tax issues. Please bring the following:
- Social Security Cards or ITIN Letters/Cards for EVERYONE who will be included on the return
- Photo ID for ALL tax return signers (BOTH spouses must sign if filing jointly)
- W-2s for wages, W-2Gs for gambling income, 1099s for interest, dividends, unemployment, state tax refunds, pension or 401-K distributions, and other income
- Records of revenue from self-employment or home-based businesses
- 1098s for mortgage interest, student loan interest (1098-E), or tuition (1098-T), statement of property tax paid
- Statement of student account showing all charges and payments for each student on the return
- Childcare receipts, including name, tax ID, address for provider
- 1095s showing health insurance coverage
- Records of expenses for self-employment or home-based businesses
- Checking or Savings account information for direct deposit
- Last year’s tax return – REQUIRED for MyFreeTaxes self-preparation
Please contact Lisa Barnes, LCSW with any questions at (308) 382-3660 ext. 9-2145.