VA Nebraska-Western Iowa Health Care System
Grand Island VA Medical Center
The Grand Island VA Medical Center includes a Community Living Center, Residential Substance Abuse Unit and a Community-Based Outpatient Clinic.
Community Living Center
The Community Living Center is a 65-bed facility. Services provided by the Community Living Center include extended care, rehabilitation, geriatric care, palliative care, respite care, supportive/restorative and long-term care, and general nursing home care.
Community-Based Outpatient Clinic
- Primary care services for veterans in the Grand Island area
- Some specialty care
- Mental Health services including residential substance abuse treatment unit
- Handicapped Accessible: full and easy access for all Veterans.
- Personal Care: Highly qualified primary care providers, most specialty care referrals to the VA in Omaha.
- Laboratory: Blood drawing services available.
- Prescriptions: Routine prescriptions processed through the mail or My HealtheVet.
Creative ArtsVeterans struggling with PTSD, anxiety, sleep issues, readjustment and other mental health concerns are finding healing through creative arts. Veterans from central and western Nebraska are invited to enter a local Creative Arts display held the week of Feb 24-28, 2020. Click here for more information and here for an application. Please contact Alicia Wicht (Alicia.Wicht@va.gov) with questions.
Public Transportation not available.
Parking: Free on premises
(Click to enlarge)