VA Nebraska-Western Iowa Health Care System
Grand Island VA Medical Center
The Grand Island VA Medical Center includes a Community Living Center, Residential Substance Abuse Unit and a Community-Based Outpatient Clinic.
Community Living Center
The Community Living Center is a 65-bed facility. Services provided by the Community Living Center include extended care, rehabilitation, geriatric care, palliative care, respite care, supportive/restorative and long-term care, and general nursing home care.
Community-Based Outpatient Clinic
- Primary care services for veterans in the Grand Island area
- Some specialty care
- Mental Health services including residential substance abuse treatment unit
- Handicapped Accessible: full and easy access for all Veterans.
- Personal Care: Highly qualified primary care providers, most specialty care referrals to the VA in Omaha.
- Laboratory: Blood drawing services available.
- Prescriptions: Routine prescriptions processed through the mail or My HealtheVet.
The National Veterans Creative Arts Competition and Festival provides Veterans with an opportunity to gain recognition for their many creative talents! Local first place entries in each category will have the opportunity to compete in the 2021 National Creative Arts Competition. Veterans struggling with PTSD, anxiety, sleep issues, readjustment and other mental health concerns are finding healing through creative arts.
If you would like to participate, please complete the appropriate entry form, listed below.
Entry forms and all artwork/creative writing pieces are due by January 29, 2021.
Grand Island Creative Arts Competition Contact:
Alicia Wicht, Whole Health
Public Transportation not available.
Parking: Free on premises
(Click to enlarge)