VA Nebraska-Western Iowa Health Care System
VA Employee Provider Orientation Home
Welcome to the VA Nebraska - Western Iowa Health Care System Provider Orientation Web Site.
As part of your provider orientation to the VA Nebraska-Western Iowa Health Care System, you must complete this online orientation.Â Â The content of this web page was selected based on mandatory requirements (i.e., Veterans Health Administration, The Joint Commission, and Office of the Inspector General) as indicated by **, as well as information that will assist you in providing care to our veterans.Â
This orientation is divided into two parts
- Â PART ONE:Â Initial Requirements â€“ These requirements must be completed no later than your first day of VA employment. To complete your Initial Requirements:Â Click on the link in the left column titled â€śInitial Requirementsâ€ť.Â Click on each of the items under this topic and read them. Follow the instructions on the page to print anÂ â€śInitial Requirements Validationâ€ťÂ certificate.Â This certificate must be printed, signed, and returned to your department secretaryÂ on or before your first day of VA employment.
- PART TWO:Â Completion of Orientation - These requirements must be completed no later than 30 days after you start VA employment.Â To complete Part Two of your orientation:Â Click on each of the three links in the left column titled â€śHealth Care System Topics and Structureâ€ť, â€śHuman Resource Topicsâ€ť and â€śPatient Topicsâ€ť.Â Click on each of the items under each topic and read them.Â When you are finished, click on the link in the left column titled â€śCourse Validationâ€ť.Â This will take you to a form to attest to completion of these topics.Â Complete the form and click â€śsubmitâ€ť for a certificate to appear.Â This certificate must be printed, signed, and returned to your department secretary no later than 30 days after you start VA employment.
In addition to this online web site orientation,
- Provide proof of aÂ Basic Life Support card or register to take a class at the VA
- Provide proof of an Advance Cardiac Life Support card or register to take a class at the VA, if required by position or if administering moderate sedation outside the Operating Room
- Arrange a one-to-one session with Human Resources (HR) to go over HR topics such as salary, benefits, forms, etc.
- Arrange a one-to-one session with the staff who provide instruction on the Computerized Patient Records System (CPRS)
- Complete online learning courses as assigned to your Learning Management System (LMS) Learning Plan by the due dates listed in the Learning Plan; access to the LMS will be available approximately 2-3 weeks after you start employment at the VA
Your department secretary can assist you with these requirements.